What is a Fundraiser Day?
- This is a way to raise money for your school/non-profit!
- Fundraiser Days are held in the store for 1, 2, or 3 days. By sending people to Boulder Book Store to shop on those days, you will receive a percentage of the net sales associated with your fundraiser.
- Fundraiser Days are an excellent way to promote your school/non-profit and get involved with the community.
- Fundraiser Days provide an opportunity for kids to get excited about reading while helping their community!
Why Boulder Book Store Fundraiser Days?
- By planning your fundraiser with Boulder Book Store, you are supporting a locally owned independent business, and strengthening your community.
- Our store offers a wide variety of titles not available in chain stores, and our children’s department buyers carefully hand-pick the wonderful selection you’ll find for young readers.
- We’ll help you shop! Our booksellers are knowledgeable and willing to help you find just the right book.
- All you have to do is promote the fundraiser! We handle all the sales, accounting and bookselling. We even provide you with a flyer and voucher templates!
Sounds great! How do I participate?
- Schedule a planning meeting with someone at the Boulder Book Store (email email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 303-447-2074 x134), to discuss dates, plan special events, and go over guidelines.
- After the meeting, you can begin to promote your book fair right away with the flyer we will provide. The sooner you begin to publicize, the more people you will reach, and the more money you will earn for your school/non-profit!
- On the day of the fundraiser, you may have a table at the store to provide information, displays from your organization, and wish lists.
- We do not allow volunteers to solicit support on the day of the fundraiser. It is very important that all publicity efforts take place BEFORE the day of the fundraiser. Soliciting customers in-store is strictly prohibited.
- When the fundraiser is over, we will total the pre-tax sales associated with your fundraiser, and give you a cash or book credit donation (please see agreement for specific percentages). Remember: the more supporters who shop, the more you’ll earn!
- Celebrate! The fundraising this offers is great for any project your school/non-profit needs to fund, from field trips to band uniforms to supplies!
Frequently Asked Questions
What items count toward our fundraiser?
- All items in our store go towards the fundraiser, with the exception of periodicals, postage, and the purchase or renewal of Readers Guild memberships.
Can we request books to have in the store for the fundraiser?
- Upon request, Boulder Book Store will special order books (if available from wholesalers or publishers) for the fundraiser. Book lists for special orders must be received at least four weeks prior to fundraiser date.
Who can participate in hosting a fundraiser?
- Pre K – 12 schools and nonprofit organizations are eligible.
When/where can we hold our fundraiser?
- We host fundraisers in the store from January to mid-November, and we require four weeks for planning and publicizing the fair (six if you plan to submit a book list or have a special event).