HBR's 10 Must Reads on AI, Analytics, and the New Machine Age (with bonus article "Why Every Company Needs an Augmented Reality Strategy" by Michael E. Porter and James E. Heppelmann) (Kobo eBook)
This book explains the business potential and pitfalls of the newest technologies that leaders and managers need to understand--now--to prepare their companies for success next year and beyond.
Leading experts, such as Michael Porter, Tom Davenport, Marco Iansiti, Erik Brynjolfsson, Andrew McAfee, and Martin Reeves, explain how:
- Data analytics and AI are yielding insight at an unprecedented rate
- Machine learning is reinventing management and reshaping the workforce
- Unmanned vehicles are evolving from toys into tools
- 3-D printing is moving beyond rapid prototyping to industrial production at scale
- Augmented reality is transforming both manufacturing and retail experiences
- AI assistants and smart speakers are grabbing territory between customers and brands
- A broadly coordinated rollout of blockchain could reshape economies
- Looking at all of these revolutionary new technologies together allows leaders and managers to see new strategies, business models, and opportunities that can't be seen looking at each individual new technology in isolation
Audience: C-level leaders who want to know more about the strategy and business model implications of new technologies. Managers at all levels who want to know how new technologies will affect the creation of new products and services, as well as hiring strategies. General tech-interested audience--this book is for the Wired-reading manager who wants to get past "here's some cool tech" to "here's how this cool tech is going to affect your business."
Announced first printing: 25,000
Laydown goal: 7,500