Every Heart a Doorway (Wayward Children #1) (CD-Audio)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 1 in the Wayward Children series.
- #2: Down Among the Sticks and Bones (Wayward Children #2) (Hardcover): $17.99
- #3: Beneath the Sugar Sky (Wayward Children #3) (Hardcover): $17.99
- #4: In an Absent Dream (Wayward Children #4) (Hardcover): $17.99
- #5: Come Tumbling Down (Wayward Children #5) (Hardcover): $19.99
- #6: Across the Green Grass Fields (Wayward Children #6) (Hardcover): $19.99
- #7: Seanan McGuire's Wayward Children, Volumes 1-3: Every Heart a Doorway, Down Among the Sticks and Bones, Beneath the Sugar Sky (Multiple copy pack): $53.97
- #8: Lost in the Moment and Found (Wayward Children #8) (Hardcover): $22.99
- #9: Mislaid in Parts Half-Known (Wayward Children #9) (Hardcover): $22.99
Eleanor West's Home for Wayward Children
Children have always disappeared under the right conditions; slipping through the shadows under a bed or at the back of a wardrobe, tumbling down rabbit holes and into old wells, and emerging somewhere... else.
But magical lands have little need for used-up miracle children.
Nancy tumbled once, but now she's back. The things she's experienced... they change a person. The children under Miss West's care understand all too well. And each of them is seeking a way back to their own fantasy world.
But Nancy's arrival marks a change at the Home. There's a darkness just around each corner, and when tragedy strikes, it's up to Nancy and her new-found schoolmates to get to the heart of things.
No matter the cost.
PRAISE FOR EVERY HEART A DOORWAY
"Seanan McGuire has long been one of the smartest writers around, and with this novella we can easily see that her heart is as big as her brain. We know this story isn't true, but it is truth." — Charlaine Harris, New York Times bestselling author of the Sookie Stackhouse series (TV's True Blood)
"Seanan McGuire once again demonstrates her intimate knowledge of the human heart in a powerful fable of loss, yearning and damaged children." — Paul Cornell, author of London Falling and Witches of Lychford
About the Author
SEANAN McGUIRE is the author of the Hugo, Nebula, Alex, and Locus Award–winning Wayward Children series; the October Daye series; the InCryptid series; the delightfully dark Middlegame; and other works. She also writes comics for Marvel, darker fiction as Mira Grant, and younger fiction as A. Deborah Baker. Seanan lives in Seattle with her cats, a vast collection of creepy dolls, horror movies, and sufficient books to qualify her as a fire hazard. She won the 2010 John W. Campbell Award for Best New Writer, and in 2013 became the first person to appear five times on the same Hugo ballot.
"[Cynthia] Hopkins has a calm gravitas that gives the story the feel of a classic children’s story, a grand tale you should already know but for some reason you haven’t encountered yet. This short work is lovely and mournful, perfect for anyone who just can’t stop thinking about what happens after the soi-disant ‘'happy ending.’’'" -Locus