The 156-Story Treehouse: Holiday Havoc! (The Treehouse Books #12) (Hardcover)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 12 in the The Treehouse Books series.
- #1: The 13-Story Treehouse (Special Collector's Edition): Monkey Mayhem! (The Treehouse Books #1) (Hardcover): $16.99
- #2: The 26-Story Treehouse: Pirate Problems! (The Treehouse Books #2) (Hardcover): $14.99
- #3: The 39-Story Treehouse: Mean Machines & Mad Professors! (The Treehouse Books #3) (Hardcover): $15.99
- #4: The 52-Story Treehouse: Vegetable Villains! (The Treehouse Books #4) (Hardcover): $17.99
- #5: The 65-Story Treehouse: Time Travel Trouble! (The Treehouse Books #5) (Hardcover): $7.00
- #6: The 78-Story Treehouse: Moo-vie Madness! (The Treehouse Books #6) (Hardcover): $7.00
- #7: The 91-Story Treehouse: Babysitting Blunders! (The Treehouse Books #7) (Hardcover): $15.99
- #8: The 104-Story Treehouse: Dental Dramas & Jokes Galore! (The Treehouse Books #8) (Hardcover): $14.99
- #9: The 117-Story Treehouse: Dots, Plots & Daring Escapes! (The Treehouse Books #9) (Hardcover): $7.00
- #10: The 130-Story Treehouse: Laser Eyes and Annoying Flies (The Treehouse Books #10) (Hardcover): $14.99
- #11: The 143-Story Treehouse: Camping Trip Chaos! (The Treehouse Books #11) (Hardcover): $14.99
- #13: The 169-Story Treehouse (The Treehouse Books #13) (Hardcover): $16.99
New York Times-bestselling team Andy Griffiths and Terry Denton invite readers to come hang out with them in their 156-Story Treehouse—the twelfth book in the illustrated chapter book series filled with Andy and Terry's signature slapstick humor!
Andy and Terry live in a 156-story treehouse. (It used to be a 143-story treehouse, but they added 13 more levels.) It has a wishing well, a super-stinky stuff level, a bouldering alley (it’s just like bowling, except you use boulders instead of balls), an enigma engine, a TV quiz show level hosted by Quizzy the quizzical robot, and the amazing mind-reading sandwich-making machine that knows exactly what sort of sandwich you want and makes it for you.
It’s the night before Christmas but Andy and Terry aren’t ready yet! They haven’t written their letters to Santa, they haven’t sung any carols or hung their stockings, and now Mr. Big Nose wants their next book done by tomorrow. When Santa Claus’s sleigh crash-lands in the treehouse, the reindeer become tangled in the branches and Santa falls into the cloning machine. With dozens of Santas running around and no way to tell which one’s the real one, who’s going to deliver all the presents? It’s up to Andy, Terry, and Jill to work together to save Christmas—and maybe even finish their book on time!
Praise for Andy Griffiths and the Treehouse series:
"Anarchic absurdity at its best. . . . Denton's manic cartooning captures every twist and turn in hilarious detail." —Publishers Weekly, starred review, on The 13-Story Treehouse
"Will appeal to fans of Jeff Kinney and Dav Pilkey. . . . The wonderfully random slapstick humor is tailor-made for reluctant readers. . . . A treat for all." —Booklist on The 13-Story Treehouse
Read the whole series!
The 13-Story Treehouse
The 26-Story Treehouse
The 39-Story Treehouse
The 52-Story Treehouse
The 65-Story Treehouse
The 78-Story Treehouse
The 91-Story Treehouse
The 104-Story Treehouse
The 117-Story Treehouse
The 130-Story Treehouse
The 143-Story Treehouse
The 156-Story Treehouse
About the Author
Andy Griffiths is the New York Times bestselling author of The Day My Butt Went Psycho!, Zombie Butts from Uranus!, and Butt Wars! The Final Conflict, as well as the Treehouse Series and Killer Koalas from Outer Space. In 2007, he became the first Australian author to win six children’s choice awards in one year for Just Shocking! He is passionate about inspiring a love of books in his young readers, and works as an ambassador for the Indigenous Literacy Project, which provides books and literacy resources to remote indigenous communities around Australia. Andy is a big fan of Dr. Seuss and of cauliflower. He lives in Melbourne, Australia, and is Australia’s most popular children’s writer.
Terry Denton is known for his humorous illustration style and has worked with Andy Griffiths on the Treehouse series and the JUST! books among others. He lives by the sea in Australia with his wife, three kids, and a pop-up toaster that only toasts on one side.
Andy Griffiths and the Treehouse series:
"The Treehouse books are a perfect balance of minimal text, maximum black-and-white drawings packed with jokes, and unbelievable amounts of nonstop action, gags and exuberant, anarchic storytelling. These books seem ideally designed to make a new reader feel—and be—successful." —The New York Times
"Anarchic absurdity at its best . . . Denton's manic cartooning captures every twist and turn in hilarious detail." —Publishers Weekly, starred review, on The 13-Story Treehouse
"Will appeal to fans of Jeff Kinney and Dav Pilkey . . . The wonderfully random slapstick humor is tailor-made for reluctant readers . . . A treat for all." —Booklist on The 13-Story Treehouse
"Twice the treehouse, twice the fun? You bet . . . Denton's furiously scrawled line drawings milk the silly, gross-out gags for everything they're worth. Kids should be flipping pages faster than a pair of inflatable underpants can skyrocket the young heroes to safety." —Publishers Weekly, starred review, on The 26-Story Treehouse
"This zany sequel, as much cartoon illustration as text, is an almost nonstop adventure." —Booklist on The 26-Story Treehouse
"Look, if you haven't heard of the Treehouse series by now, you probably don't know many kids. ... Chock-full of mischief, wonder and imagination." —The Sydney Morning Herald, on The 156-Story Treehouse