The Elephants of Norwich (Domesday #11) (Paperback)
On Our Shelves Now. Click on the title to see details.
Other Books in Series
This is book number 11 in the Domesday series.
- #1: The Wolves of Savernake (Domesday #1) (Hardcover): $25.00
- #2: The Ravens of Blackwater (Domesday #2) (Paperback): $12.95
- #3: The Dragons of Archenfield (Domesday #3) (Paperback): $12.95
- #4: The Lions of the North (Domesday #4) (Paperback): $12.95
- #5: The Serpents of Harbledown (Domesday #5) (Paperback): $12.95
- #6: The Stallions of Woodstock (Domesday #6) (Paperback): $12.95
- #7: The Hawks of Delamere (Domesday #7) (Paperback): $12.95
- #8: The Wildcats of Exeter (Domesday #8) (Paperback): $12.95
- #9: The Foxes of Warwick (Domesday #9) (Paperback): $12.95
It is the juiciest piece of gossip the citizens of Norwich have heard for a long time. The two golden elephants that robber baron Richard de Fontenel was using to lure the beautiful Adelaide into marriage have been stolen. Also missing is de Fontenel's steward Hermer. Desperate to try and ignore this growing crisis are Domesday Commissioners Ralph Delchard and Gervase Bret, who are keen to resolve a land dispute involving de Fontenel and Mauger - a man also trying to woo Adelaide. De Fontenel, however, refuses to co-operate until the thief is found. But is Hermer the steward really missing or has something more sinister happened? In Ralph and Gervase's most baffling case yet, nothing is what it seems and no one is free from suspicion...
About the Author
Edward Marston has written over a hundred books across many series. They range from the era of the Domesday Book to the Home Front during WWI, via Elizabethan theatre and the Regency period. He is best known for the hugely successful Railway Detective series set during Queen Victoria's reign.