The Stallions of Woodstock (Domesday #6) (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 6 in the Domesday series.
- #1: The Wolves of Savernake (Domesday #1) (Hardcover): $25.00
- #2: The Ravens of Blackwater (Domesday #2) (Paperback): $12.95
- #3: The Dragons of Archenfield (Domesday #3) (Paperback): $12.95
- #4: The Lions of the North (Domesday #4) (Paperback): $12.95
- #5: The Serpents of Harbledown (Domesday #5) (Paperback): $12.95
- #7: The Hawks of Delamere (Domesday #7) (Paperback): $12.95
- #8: The Wildcats of Exeter (Domesday #8) (Paperback): $12.95
- #9: The Foxes of Warwick (Domesday #9) (Paperback): $12.95
- #11: The Elephants of Norwich (Domesday #11) (Paperback): $12.95
Ralph Delchard, a former soldier in the notable Battle of Hastings, and Gervase Bret, an exceptional lawyer, continue to travel the length of England inspecting anomalies uncovered during the collection of information for the Domesday Book, the great survey of the country commissioned by William the Conqueror. The pair frequently find that where matters of property are concerned, there are often distasteful and unlawful consequences. The king's work is a dangerous business.
In the forest of Woodstock an excited crowd waits for the first horse to pass the post, but the winning steed has an empty saddle, its rider lying in a copse with a knife in his back. While guests of the Sheriff of Oxfordshire, Delchard and Bret inevitably find their attention drawn to the tragedy and uncover a startling truth.
About the Author
Edward Marston has written over a hundred books across many series. They range from the era of the Domesday Book to the Home Front during WWI, via Elizabethan theatre and the Regency period. He is best known for the hugely successful Railway Detective series set during Queen Victoria's reign.