The Wolves of Savernake (Domesday #1) (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 1 in the Domesday series.
- #2: The Ravens of Blackwater (Domesday #2) (Paperback): $12.95
- #3: The Dragons of Archenfield (Domesday #3) (Paperback): $12.95
- #4: The Lions of the North (Domesday #4) (Paperback): $12.95
- #5: The Serpents of Harbledown (Domesday #5) (Paperback): $12.95
- #6: The Stallions of Woodstock (Domesday #6) (Paperback): $12.95
- #7: The Hawks of Delamere (Domesday #7) (Paperback): $12.95
- #8: The Wildcats of Exeter (Domesday #8) (Paperback): $12.95
- #9: The Foxes of Warwick (Domesday #9) (Paperback): $12.95
- #11: The Elephants of Norwich (Domesday #11) (Paperback): $12.95
I've just discovered this series and now I can't stop reading them (there are 10, YAY!) A delightful cross between The Canterbury Tales (sly, witty) and Law & Order (murder! courtroom drama!) Ralph Delchard and Gervase Bret are land surveyors and census takers for the Domesday Book in England,1085. Normans, Saxons & the Church all vying for the same land? You can see where murder might come into play.— From Liesl's Recommendations
A man's body is found mutilated in Savernake Forest and the residents of Bedwyn sleep uneasy at night, fearing a monster stalking the town. When Ralph Delchard and Gervase Bret arrive, they soon discover that the locals are harbouring dark secrets and that the real killer may be a little closer to home...
About the Author
Edward Marston has written over a hundred books across many series. They range from the era of the Domesday Book to the Home Front during WWI, via Elizabethan theatre and the Regency period. He is best known for the hugely successful Railway Detective series set during Queen Victoria's reign.