Giant: The Unlikely Origins of Shim (Merlin Saga) (Hardcover)
Coming Soon - Available for Pre-Order Now
Other Books in Series
- #1: Merlin's Dragon (Merlin Saga #6) (Hardcover):
- #2: The Seven Songs: Book 2 (Merlin Saga #2) (Paperback): $8.99
- #3: The Fires of Merlin (Merlin Saga #3) (Hardcover):
- #4: The Mirror of Fate: Book 4 (Merlin Saga #4) (Paperback): $8.99
- #5: The Wizard's Wings: Book 5 (Merlin Saga #5) (Paperback): $8.99
- #6: The Dragon of Avalon: Book 6 (Merlin Saga #6) (Paperback): $8.99
- #7: Doomraga's Revenge: Book 7 (Merlin Saga #7) (Paperback): $8.99
- #8: Ultimate Magic: Book 8 (Merlin Saga #8) (Paperback): $8.99
- #9: The Great Tree of Avalon: Book 9 (Merlin Saga #9) (Paperback): $8.99
- #10: Shadows on the Stars: Book 10 (Merlin Saga #10) (Paperback): $8.99
- #11: The Eternal Flame: Book 11 (Merlin Saga #11) (Paperback): $8.99
- #12: The Book of Magic: Book 12 (Merlin Saga #12) (Hardcover):
A prequel to the bestselling Merlin saga starring Shim, a young giant who must embark on a dangerous adventure when he's shrunk to the size of a man's knee. Perfect for fans of classic fantasy and adventure.
Read it before you see it The Merlin saga is soon to be a major motion picture Shim has only ever known a world of peace. Unusually big and strong even for a young giant, he lives on the magical isle of Fincayra, immersed in nature as well as tales of wizards, mer folk, and dragons. Suddenly that world explodes in chaos. A terrible attack forces Shim and his mother to flee -- and take a hazardous journey to reach the only person who could possibly help them, the mysterious Domnu. But when a wager goes horribly wrong, Shim shrinks down to a tiny fraction of his size. Now only as tall as a man's knee, he finds himself lost in a deadly swamp. Worse yet, he has forgotten something important, something truly essential. But what? As small as he is now, Shim must find giant-size courage. He embarks on a perilous quest to discover what happened, what secret he forgot, and what it really means to be a giant. Combining his trademark passion, adventure, and spiritual depth, T. A. Barron tells the origin story of this beloved character from his highly acclaimed, international bestselling series, The Merlin Saga. As the Prequel to the Saga, this story is as big as a giant... and as magical as Merlin.
About the Author
T.A. Barron is the award-winning author of fantasy novels such as the Lost Years of Merlin epic--soon to be a major motion picture. He serves on a variety of environmental and educational boards including the Nature Conservancy and the Land and Water Fund of the Rockies, and is the founder of a national award for heroic children. Following a life-changing decision to leave a successful business career to write full-time in 1990, Barron has written seventeen books, but is happiest when on the mountain trails with his wife, Currie, and their five children.