The Energy Paradox: What to Do When Your Get-Up-and-Go Has Got Up and Gone (The Plant Paradox #6) (Hardcover)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 6 in the The Plant Paradox series.
- #1: The Plant Paradox: The Hidden Dangers in "Healthy" Foods That Cause Disease and Weight Gain (Hardcover): $15.00
- #2: The Plant Paradox Cookbook: 100 Delicious Recipes to Help You Lose Weight, Heal Your Gut, and Live Lectin-Free (Hardcover): $17.00
- #3: The Plant Paradox Quick and Easy: The 30-Day Plan to Lose Weight, Feel Great, and Live Lectin-Free (Paperback): $18.99
- #4: The Longevity Paradox: How to Die Young at a Ripe Old Age (The Plant Paradox #4) (Hardcover): $28.99
- #5: The Plant Paradox Family Cookbook: 80 One-Pot Recipes to Nourish Your Family Using Your Instant Pot, Slow Cooker, or Sheet Pan (Hardcover): $29.99
- #7: Unlocking the Keto Code: The Revolutionary New Science of Keto That Offers More Benefits Without Deprivation (The Plant Paradox #7) (Hardcover): $28.99
The author of the bestselling Plant Paradox series takes a fresh look at one of the top health issues plaguing Americans—fatigue—and offers a revolutionary plan for boosting energy and revitalizing mental and physical stamina.
In his bestselling books, The Plant Paradox and The Longevity Paradox, Dr. Steven R. Gundry offered game-changing perspectives on our wellbeing. In The Energy Paradox, Dr. Gundry expands upon his previous discussions of gut, microbiome, and mitochondrial health, linking immune malfunction to the mental and physical symptoms of fatigue—including exhaustion, brain fog, depression, anxiety, and low metabolism.
As Dr. Gundry explains, feeling tired, moody, and zapped of energy is not normal, no matter your workload or age. Fatigue is an SOS flare from the body, one that is intended to alert us that something is wrong. In his clinical work, Dr. Gundry has found that his patients who complain of feeling sick and tired all the time almost always have something in common: the inflammation markers of a leaky gut.
In The Energy Paradox, Dr. Gundry will offer readers the information and tools necessary to quiet the autoimmune battle raging within—a battle that depletes precious energy reserves, leaving you drained and prone to mood disorders and weight gain. With new guidelines on how to increase mitochondrial energy production and nourish the microbiome; 30 new Plant Paradox-approved recipes; and lists of energy-boosting foods to consume and energy-depleting foods to avoid, The Energy Paradox will help readers take back their lives, giving them the energy they need to feel, look, and be their best.
About the Author
Steven R. Gundry, MD, is the director of the International Heart and Lung Institute in Palm Springs, California, and the founder and director of the Center for Restorative Medicine in Palm Springs and Santa Barbara. After a distinguished surgical career as a professor and chairman of cardiothoracic surgery at Loma Linda University, Dr. Gundry changed his focus to curing modern diseases via dietary changes. He is the bestselling author of The Longevity Paradox, The Plant Paradox, The Plant Paradox Cookbook, The Plant Paradox Quick and Easy, and Dr. Gundry’s Diet Evolution, and has written more than three hundred articles published in peer-reviewed journals on using diet and supplements to eliminate heart disease, diabetes, autoimmune disease, and multiple other diseases. Dr. Gundry lives with his wife, Penny, and their dogs in Palm Springs and Montecito, California.
“Essential reading for the many people who are overworked, burned out, running on empty, and feeling sick and tired all the time. As Dr. Gundry shows, fatigue is not your fate!”
— Arianna Huffington, Founder & CEO, Thrive Global
"Practical, applicable advice on how to conquer fatigue and maximize energy."
— Kirkus Reviews