- Store Info
- Calendar of Events
- Readers Guild
- Book Lists
- Educator Services
- Local Authors Corner
Search for Books
Paul Bogard -- The End of Night"
07/16/2013 7:30 pm
Paul Bogard will speak about and sign his new book, The End of Night: Searching for Natural Darkness in an Age of Artificial Light, on Tuesday, July 16th at 7:30pm.
About the book:
A starry night is one of nature's most magical wonders. Yet in our artificially lit world, three-quarters of Americans' eyes never switch to night vision and most of us no longer experience true darkness. In The End of Night, Paul Bogard restores our awareness of the dark night sky and how it has influenced the human experience across everything from science to art. Bogard blends personal narrative, natural history, and science to shed light on the importance of darkness and the ways we can reduce the brightness of our nights tonight.
Vouchers to attend this event are $5 and are good for $5 off the author's featured book or on a purchase on the day of the event. Vouchers can be purchased in advance, over the phone, or at the door. Readers Guild Members can reserve seats at any in-store event.
- 1107 Pearl St
- Boulder ,
- Postal Code:
- United States
- Travel Writing: A Writing Workshop with Jayme Moye, 2014 Travel Writer of the Year(1 day)
- Nathaniel Vinton -- "The Fall Line"(1 day)
- Heather Sappenfield -- "The View from Who I Was"(5 days)
- Alexandra Fuller -- "Leaving Before the Rains Come"(8 days)
- Living Poets Society Poetry Bookclub Meeting -- "Blowout"(11 days)