- Store Info
- Calendar of Events
- Readers Guild
- Book Lists
- Educator Services
- Local Authors Corner
Search for Books
Deborah Bowman -- "The Female Buddha"
04/24/2013 7:30 pm
Deborah Bowman will speak about and sign her new book, The Female Buddha, on Wednesday, April 24th at 7:30pm.
About the book:
Drawing on Guanyin, the goddess of compassion, The Female Buddha brings us moving images to contemplate. Paired with the brilliant words of 54 women teachers from the time of the Buddha to the present day, this book reflects the wisdom of an ancient tradition and a vision of the awakened feminine. Deborah Bowman provides a book that is a celebration of both beauty and truth. The Female Buddha is here to shake up habituated notions, inspire possibilities, and to allow us to separate ourselves from conventional thinking.
This is a FREE event, open to all! Readers Guild Members can reserve seats for any in-store event.
- 1107 Pearl St
- Boulder ,
- Postal Code:
- United States
- Boulder Ballet Storytime Reading of "The Firebird" and "Carnival of the Animals"(6 hours)
- David Gessner -- "All the Wild That Remains"(2 days)
- Tara Dairman -- "The Stars of Summer"(3 days)
- Ann Stewart Zachwieja, Katie Wise, Yoon Park, and Eddy Jordan -- "Listen to Your Mother"(4 days)
- Living Poets Society Poetry Bookclub Meeting -- "Strange Angels"(9 days)