- Store Info
- Calendar of Events
- Readers Guild
- Book Lists
- Educator Services
- Local Authors Corner
Search for Books
The Sacred Banana Leaf
Beautiful traditional Patachitra artwork animates this mischievous tale, the sequel to the popular Mangoes and Bananas.
About the Author
Raised in India of American parents, Nathan has been bridging cultures all his life. A theatre director, designer, playwright, puppeteer and storyteller, his work has been performed in the US, Ecuador, Mexico, India, Hong Kong and Taiwan. Nathan is also the director of the SAGE (Studies Abroad for Global Education) foundation, which introduces Indian culture to students around the world. Radhashyam Raut trained in his community's traditional Patachitra style of temple mural art, and was awarded a national scholarship to continue his work. He enjoys adapting his tradition to new forms of storytelling - this is his second book after the exquisitely illustrated myth The Circle of Fate, also with Tara. He lives and works in a village in Orissa.
- Linda Kohanov -- "The Power of the Herd"(4 days)
- Suspense Quadrupled: Four Writers of Mystery(5 days)
- Tovar Cerulli -- "The Mindful Carnivore"(6 days)
- Hilary Hart -- "Body of Wisdom"(12 days)
- Marc Bekoff -- "Ignoring Nature No More: The Case for Compassionate Conservation" & "Jasper's Story"(13 days)