The Way of the Leopard: Meditations and Shamanic Practices from the Heart of Africa (Compact Disc)
Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
Shake Your Bones, Listen to Your Dreams, and Feel the Earth Beneath Your Feet
Inside you is a deep capacity for connection to nature, your ancestors, and the limitless wisdom and creativity you touch every night in your dreams. Yet in this modern age filled with distraction and anxiety, how do you restore your connection to these primal resources for living with power and purpose? "We are all bound together by a symphony of blood and bone," teaches John Lockley, one of the few white men in recent history to become a fully initiated sangoma--traditional priest and healer--in the Xhosa lineage of South Africa. With The Way of the Leopard, he brings you a treasury of practices informed by this powerful tradition to help you embrace your true gifts and become a healing presence in the world.
An Audio Training Course Inspired by African Shamanic Wisdom
The core spiritual teachings John teaches are all created to help you awaken to your own Ubuntu, or shared humanity. In these sessions, you'll learn to activate the untapped power of your physical senses and intuition; discover how to honor your ancestors and draw upon their guidance; engage with your dreams as a spiritual practice; connect to nature through animal and plant medicine; and dance and shake your way to greater vitality, health, and aliveness.
At the beginning of his sangoma apprenticeship, John Lockley's teacher MaMngwevu gave him the name Cingolweendaba, which means "messenger," reflecting his calling to spread the essential values and principles of South African mysticism to a world in need of healing. "It doesn't matter what color your skin is or what culture you're from," John teaches. "If you are a human being with red blood, you can walk like the leopard and connect with the earth like the elephant." Join this remarkable teacher on The Way of the Leopard for a joyful and invigorating course to help you create a life rich in meaning and supported by spirit.
- Activate your physical senses--how to unlock the hidden magic in your vision, hearing, smell, taste, and touch
- Ignite your intuition--practices to strengthen your "sixth sense" of deep knowing and spiritual awareness
- Honoring your ancestors--powerful ways to connect to the living lineage in your blood and bones, as well as your adopted and spiritual ancestry
- Shaking medicine--use your breath, body, and heart to activate your "lightning rod" (spine) for spiritual power and wisdom
- Plant medicine--using plants in your environment for cleansing, healing, and connecting to the natural world
- Overcoming obstacles--the most common roadblocks to spiritual practice and how to clear them
- The practice of dreaming--how to receive the wisdom of your dreams and use them as a gateway to your true eternal nature
- More the than seven hours of insights, guided practices, and healing wisdom from the shamanic tradition of South Africa with sangoma John Lockley
About the Author
John LockleyJOHN LOCKLEY began his journey as a young medic drafted into the South African military. He then trained under Zen master Su Bong from South Korea, and returned to post-Apartheid South Africa to spend 10 years in apprenticeship with MaMngwevu, a medicine woman from the Xhosa tribe. John now splits his time teaching in South Africa, Ireland, Europe, and the US. For more, visit johnlockley.com.