Back Pocket Coach: 33 Effective Communication Strategies for Work & Life (Paperback)
Have you ever been in a situation that was emotionally charged and the stakes were high? And it was difficult to find the right words? Back Pocket Coach(TM) provides 33 power-packed communication strategies to support you in creating satisfying conversations that result in good outcomes for you and others. These just-in-time strategies will help you move through conversations masterfully, whether you're engaging with one person or a team of people. This book also introduces Game Changing Conversations, the 8-step process that prepares you for any difficult or high stakes conversation. Included in the book is a worksheet for your personal use.
You'll learn how to:
- Provide difficult feedback to everyone from your boss to mother-in-law, improving your relationships in the process.
- Effectively renegotiate any agreement.
- Say no to a request that would leave you stretched too thin, and do so from a place of strength.
- Get unproductive meetings back on track, even is you're not the meeting organizer.
- Safely speak your truth.
- Increase your self-awareness and emotional intelligence.
- Use appreciate authentically, the secret sauce for thriving relationships.