- Store Info
- Calendar of Events
- Readers Guild
- Book Lists
- Educator Services
- Local Authors Corner
Search for Books
This trim overview gives young readers an excellent grounding on volcanoes in an efficient few words. There [is] a succinct and easily readable explanation of how volcanoes are caused by magma pushing up between (or through) moving plates in the Earth's crust. Then comes a pair of snappy maps, with bright little bursts of color denoting the Pacific Ring of Fire and other volcano locations throughout the world.' 'K.
1985 Best of the Season (Science Books and Films)
About the Author
Franklyn M. Branley was the originator of the Let's-Read-and-Find-Out Science series and the author of close to 150 popular books about scientific topics for young readers of all ages. He was Astronomer Emeritus and former Chairman of the American Museum-Hayden Planetarium.
- Linda Kohanov -- "The Power of the Herd"(4 days)
- Suspense Quadrupled: Four Writers of Mystery(5 days)
- Tovar Cerulli -- "The Mindful Carnivore"(6 days)
- Hilary Hart -- "Body of Wisdom"(12 days)
- Marc Bekoff -- "Ignoring Nature No More: The Case for Compassionate Conservation" & "Jasper's Story"(13 days)