- Store Info
- Calendar of Events
- Readers Guild
- Book Lists
- Educator Services
- Local Authors Corner
Search for Books
The wealthy old woman was dead -- a trifle sooner than expected. The intricate trail of horror and senseless murder led from a beautiful hampshire village to a fashionable London flat and a deliberate test of amour -- staged by the debonair sleuth Lord Peter Wimsey.
"Here the modern detective story begins to come to its own; and all the historical importance aside, it remains an absorbing and charming story today."
About the Author
Dorothy L. Sayers was born in 1893. She was one of the first women to be awarded a degree by Oxford University, and later she became a copywriter at an ad agency. In 1923 she published her first novel featuring the aristocratic detective Lord Peter Wimsey, who became one of the world's most popular fictional heroes. She died in 1957.
- Sil & Eliza Reynolds -- "Mothering and Daughtering"(15 hours)
- From Our Shelves Fiction Bookclub Meeting -- "The Twelve Tribes of Hattie"(5 days)
- Elana Amsterdam -- "Paleo Cooking from Elana's Pantry"(6 days)
- Khaled Hosseini -- "And the Mountains Echoed"(7 days)
- Simon Van Booy -- "The Illusion of Separateness"(10 days)