- Store Info
- Calendar of Events
- Readers Guild
- Book Lists
- Educator Services
- Local Authors Corner
Search for Books
Under My Skin: Volume One of My Autobiography, to 1949
"I was born with skins too few. Or they were scrubbed off me by...robust and efficient hands."
The experiences absorbed through these "skins too few" are evoked in this memoir of Doris Lessing's childhood and youth as the daughter of a British colonial family in Persia and Southern Rhodesia Honestly and with overwhelming immediacy, Lessing maps the growth of her consciousness, her sexuality, and her politics, offering a rare opportunity to get under her skin and discover the forces that made her one of the most distinguished writers of our time.
About the Author
Doris Lessing, winner of the 2007 Nobel Prize in Literature, is one of the most celebrated and distinguished writers of our time. She lives in north London.
- Jeff Wilson -- "The Greened House Effect"(1 day)
- Bruce Kawin -- "Selected Film Essays and Interviews"(2 days)
- Sil & Eliza Reynolds -- "Mothering and Daughtering"(3 days)
- From Our Shelves Fiction Bookclub Meeting -- "The Twelve Tribes of Hattie"(8 days)
- Elana Amsterdam -- "Paleo Cooking from Elana's Pantry"(9 days)