- Store Info
- Calendar of Events
- Readers Guild
- Book Lists
- Educator Services
- Local Authors Corner
Search for Books
In Evil Hour
Written just before One Hundred Years of Solitude, this fascinating novel of a Colombian river town possessed by evil points to the author's later flowering and greatness.
About the Author
Gabriel GarcÍa MÁrquez was born in Colombia in 1927. His many books include The Autumn of the Patriarch; No One Writes to the Colonel; Love in the Time of Cholera; a memoir, Living to Tell the Tale; and, most recently, a novel, Memories of My Melancholy Whores. Gabriel GarcÍa MÁrquez was awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1982.
- From Our Shelves Fiction Bookclub Meeting -- "The Orphan Master's Son"(5 hours)
- Julie DuBose -- "Effortless Beauty"(1 day)
- How Do Books Get Published? A Seminar with Literary Agent Sara Megibow(2 days)
- Linda Kohanov -- "The Power of the Herd"(7 days)
- Suspense Quadrupled: Four Writers of Mystery(8 days)